Worm Charming Championships are back as part of Broads fun day
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
The much anticipated North Norfolk Worm Charming Championships are back.
Participants will compete to charm as many worms as they can out of the ground in an allotted time.
The championships will be the star attraction at the Broads fun day extravaganza, which is being held at Barton Turf Adventure Centre, near Neatishead.
Other activities on offer include pond dipping, boat trips, wherry sailing, minibeast hunting, children's crafts, geocaching, bush craft, willow work, face painting, teddy bear games, and wildlife rescue, and there will be refreshments.
Broads Authority education officer Nick Sanderson said: 'Parents and kids alike will love the unusual activities which we have on offer, from getting out on the water to having a chance to interact with Broads wildlife up close.'
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free but there may be individual charges for particular activities. The fun day runs between 11am and 4pm on Sunday, May 12.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months