Norfolk town to stage world premiere during theatre summer season
- Credit: Archant
A holiday-themed comedy drama is getting its world premiere during the summer season at a Norfolk seaside resort.
Sunkissed is among the five dramas in Sheringham Little Theatre's 59th season of summer theatre running from July to September.
It was penned by playwright James Cawood, whose previous work The Revival was also launched at the award-winning north Norfolk venue.
Mr Cawood said: "Comedy and thrillers are my favourite styles of theatre, both as a playwright and a former actor.
"I had the Sunkissed idea in the shower after a run. An actor friend Richard Earl, who has appeared in Sheringham summer seasons, recommended the town to me - and I love it.
You may also want to watch:
"The theatre is amazing; a perfect venue which is intimate, with a loyal audience, strong group of rep actors and the drive of theatre director Debbie Thompson who appreciates new writing."
The play runs from August 21-28. Box-office 01263 822347
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?