Norfolk town to stage world premiere during theatre summer season
- Credit: Archant
A holiday-themed comedy drama is getting its world premiere during the summer season at a Norfolk seaside resort.
Sunkissed is among the five dramas in Sheringham Little Theatre's 59th season of summer theatre running from July to September.
It was penned by playwright James Cawood, whose previous work The Revival was also launched at the award-winning north Norfolk venue.
Mr Cawood said: "Comedy and thrillers are my favourite styles of theatre, both as a playwright and a former actor.
"I had the Sunkissed idea in the shower after a run. An actor friend Richard Earl, who has appeared in Sheringham summer seasons, recommended the town to me - and I love it.
You may also want to watch:
"The theatre is amazing; a perfect venue which is intimate, with a loyal audience, strong group of rep actors and the drive of theatre director Debbie Thompson who appreciates new writing."
The play runs from August 21-28. Box-office 01263 822347
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen