Nursery raises more than £1,000 in fight against cancer
- Credit: Archant
Coffee was downed and cake was gobbled up at a north Norfolk nursery's fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Woodgate Nursery in Aylsham hosted the coffee morning on Friday, September 28, running two charity raffles with prizes including tea room and nursery goodies worth more than £50 and a Christmas advent calendar from the Body Shop.
Proceeds from very hot drink sold on the day went to the charity and cakes sold, including lemon cupcakes, had a 'Macmillan' theme.
Stuart Morton, tea room owner, said he was thrilled with the support shown for the fundraiser.
Mr Morton said: 'This year has been really well supported and with all proceeds from the hot drinks being donated and the two raffles, we have raised over £1,000 for Macmillan, a fantastic amount.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who took part and helped us raise so much for a great cause and thank you to Laura Skinner too for organising the Body Shop raffle.'
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 4 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 5 WATCH: Military plane flies low over Cromer Pier
- 6 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 7 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 8 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 9 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 10 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk