Nursery raises more than £1,000 in fight against cancer
- Credit: Archant
Coffee was downed and cake was gobbled up at a north Norfolk nursery's fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Woodgate Nursery in Aylsham hosted the coffee morning on Friday, September 28, running two charity raffles with prizes including tea room and nursery goodies worth more than £50 and a Christmas advent calendar from the Body Shop.
Proceeds from very hot drink sold on the day went to the charity and cakes sold, including lemon cupcakes, had a 'Macmillan' theme.
Stuart Morton, tea room owner, said he was thrilled with the support shown for the fundraiser.
Mr Morton said: 'This year has been really well supported and with all proceeds from the hot drinks being donated and the two raffles, we have raised over £1,000 for Macmillan, a fantastic amount.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who took part and helped us raise so much for a great cause and thank you to Laura Skinner too for organising the Body Shop raffle.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 6 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 7 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 8 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer