Nursery raises more than £1,000 in fight against cancer
- Credit: Archant
Coffee was downed and cake was gobbled up at a north Norfolk nursery's fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Woodgate Nursery in Aylsham hosted the coffee morning on Friday, September 28, running two charity raffles with prizes including tea room and nursery goodies worth more than £50 and a Christmas advent calendar from the Body Shop.
Proceeds from very hot drink sold on the day went to the charity and cakes sold, including lemon cupcakes, had a 'Macmillan' theme.
Stuart Morton, tea room owner, said he was thrilled with the support shown for the fundraiser.
Mr Morton said: 'This year has been really well supported and with all proceeds from the hot drinks being donated and the two raffles, we have raised over £1,000 for Macmillan, a fantastic amount.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who took part and helped us raise so much for a great cause and thank you to Laura Skinner too for organising the Body Shop raffle.'
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Bid to close second-home owner’s tax dodge loophole
- 3 Woman’s body was found at home by husband, inquest told
- 4 Welcome to our new website
- 5 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 6 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 7 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 8 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 9 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis
- 10 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk