Nursery raises more than £1,000 in fight against cancer
- Credit: Archant
Coffee was downed and cake was gobbled up at a north Norfolk nursery's fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Woodgate Nursery in Aylsham hosted the coffee morning on Friday, September 28, running two charity raffles with prizes including tea room and nursery goodies worth more than £50 and a Christmas advent calendar from the Body Shop.
Proceeds from very hot drink sold on the day went to the charity and cakes sold, including lemon cupcakes, had a 'Macmillan' theme.
Stuart Morton, tea room owner, said he was thrilled with the support shown for the fundraiser.
Mr Morton said: 'This year has been really well supported and with all proceeds from the hot drinks being donated and the two raffles, we have raised over £1,000 for Macmillan, a fantastic amount.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to everyone who took part and helped us raise so much for a great cause and thank you to Laura Skinner too for organising the Body Shop raffle.'
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 8 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 9 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 10 Town's Covid 'heroes' honoured with certificates