Woman struts into work dressed as a canary to celebrate Norwich City’s promotion
- Credit: Archant
Canaries supporters walked into work with a spring in their step on Monday morning, but some fans went the extra mile to show their pride in their newly-promoted team.
Jill Francis, of Spixworth, went so far as to hire a canary suit to flap her way to her desk at Scottow firm Anglia DNA in style.
The 60-year-old said Norwich City's 2-1 victory over Blackburn was the highlight of her many years following the club.
After watching the match at Carrow Road with husband, Nigel, she said: 'When they scored the first goal we just leapt from our seats and was singing along with all the other fans.
'When they scored the second goal we could not believe it and everyone including us was singing and cheering.
You may also want to watch:
'I have never in all my years of going to watch city play have experienced such an amazing atmosphere.
'It went a little quieter when Blackburn scored but when the final whistle went - wow!
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
'We had tears in our eyes the stadium was buzzing like I have never seen it before.
'It was such the best feeling to see the players go round and thank the fans and some giving there shirts away was just the best. One great night one we will always remember.'