Woman struts into work dressed as a canary to celebrate Norwich City’s promotion
- Credit: Archant
Canaries supporters walked into work with a spring in their step on Monday morning, but some fans went the extra mile to show their pride in their newly-promoted team.
Jill Francis, of Spixworth, went so far as to hire a canary suit to flap her way to her desk at Scottow firm Anglia DNA in style.
The 60-year-old said Norwich City's 2-1 victory over Blackburn was the highlight of her many years following the club.
After watching the match at Carrow Road with husband, Nigel, she said: 'When they scored the first goal we just leapt from our seats and was singing along with all the other fans.
'When they scored the second goal we could not believe it and everyone including us was singing and cheering.
'I have never in all my years of going to watch city play have experienced such an amazing atmosphere.
'It went a little quieter when Blackburn scored but when the final whistle went - wow!
- 1 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 2 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 3 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 6 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'
- 7 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 8 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
'We had tears in our eyes the stadium was buzzing like I have never seen it before.
'It was such the best feeling to see the players go round and thank the fans and some giving there shirts away was just the best. One great night one we will always remember.'