Woman from Alby to take on the London Marathon for heart charity
- Credit: Archant
She only took up running to help her cope with the loss of her mum who died of a heart attack.
Now Jessica Sanderson is preparing to run April's Virgin London Marathon to raise money for charity in an effort to prevent others suffering the same pain.
The specialist clinical physiologist from Alby collected over £500 for Heart Research UK when she completed the Great North Run last year.
Now, with the support of her family and friends, she is aiming to raise over £1,750 for the charity in memory of her mum, Annie, who died in 2013 aged 59 - the same week she became a mum herself.
Jessica, who turns 30 on the day of the race on April 24, said: 'I took up running to give me time out, away from distractions and it turned into something I really enjoyed doing.
You may also want to watch:
'Completing the London Marathon would be an amazing achievement and a great way to see in my 30s. After running the Great North Run I wanted to push myself that bit more, and complete a marathon. I really want to make sure my heart is as healthy as it can be and ensure I do what I can to be around for my daughter as long as possible.
'Losing family members has really highlighted just how important it is to look after our hearts and so we are all committed to trying to raise awareness and support Heart Research UK in all the fantastic work the charity does.'
- 1 Person found following lifeboat search in north Norfolk
- 2 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 4 North Norfolk beach hut wins award for country's best
- 5 Arrests after gang threw glass bottles and kicked victims
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 How realistic is Vigil? Verdict of former submariner from Aylsham
- 8 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
To donate to Jessica's fundraising, log on to: www.justgiving.com/JessicaRoseMarathon