Woman from Alby to take on the London Marathon for heart charity
- Credit: Archant
She only took up running to help her cope with the loss of her mum who died of a heart attack.
Now Jessica Sanderson is preparing to run April's Virgin London Marathon to raise money for charity in an effort to prevent others suffering the same pain.
The specialist clinical physiologist from Alby collected over £500 for Heart Research UK when she completed the Great North Run last year.
Now, with the support of her family and friends, she is aiming to raise over £1,750 for the charity in memory of her mum, Annie, who died in 2013 aged 59 - the same week she became a mum herself.
Jessica, who turns 30 on the day of the race on April 24, said: 'I took up running to give me time out, away from distractions and it turned into something I really enjoyed doing.
You may also want to watch:
'Completing the London Marathon would be an amazing achievement and a great way to see in my 30s. After running the Great North Run I wanted to push myself that bit more, and complete a marathon. I really want to make sure my heart is as healthy as it can be and ensure I do what I can to be around for my daughter as long as possible.
'Losing family members has really highlighted just how important it is to look after our hearts and so we are all committed to trying to raise awareness and support Heart Research UK in all the fantastic work the charity does.'
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 10 Vaccine will be rolled out in line with supply and geography, says CCG
To donate to Jessica's fundraising, log on to: www.justgiving.com/JessicaRoseMarathon