Air ambulance called after man falls at beach
- Credit: Archant
A woman has described how she helped a man who had fallen at a Norfolk beach and was bleeding from the head.
Nessie Beaumont, 77, from Church Lane, Sprowston, was enjoying a day out in Walcott on the north Norfolk coast, when she spotted the stricken man, on Wednesday, February 12.
She said: "We had taken Poppy, our dog, for a walk on the beach, after having a coffee at a shop in Bacton.
"We went back to the car, which was parked overlooking the sea. An elderly man was lying at the back of the car. He was bleeding from his head and had a deep cut.
"I got a tissue from the car to stop the bleeding and held it to his cut and we put a blanket under his head. The man was with an elderly woman.
You may also want to watch:
"Another woman was also helping him. The blanket was soaked with blood. The lady rang for an ambulance and the air ambulance arrived."
She added that she was "shocked" by the experience, and wanted to know how the man was.
- 1 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
"I was so upset I could not sleep last night. I just wanted to find out how the man was."
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said: "We were called to an medical emergency and landed on the beach. We took an elderly man to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by road, as it was quicker. We arrived at 2.10pm and were at the hospital by 3pm."
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 1.33pm with reports of a person who had fallen in Coast Road, Walcott.
"We sent two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance. One person was taken to hospital for further care."
Can you help Mrs Beaumont locate the man she helped or do you know how he is? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772416 or email email@example.com