Woman completes epic 200-mile horse ride in memory of her late father
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old woman has completed an epic 200-mile horse ride in memory of her late father.
Georgie Veale from Suffolk embarked on a ride along the East Anglian coast to raise money for St Elizabeth Hospice who cared for her father, Jonnie Veale, during his last days.
Starting their journey from Eyke, near Woodbridge, on September 5, Miss Veale and her horse Plum rode 20 miles-a-day as friends and family came out in support. They reached their destination at Holkham, in Norfolk, on September 11.
The pair raised more than £13,000 for the independent Suffolk charity.
On the journey, she was joined by her brother Edward and horse Peter, a retired police horse lent by their sponsors’ Happy Horse Saddlery and Ryder-Davies & Partners.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Veale said: “It feels amazing.
“I can’t quite believe it has finished and everything went to plan. We were so lucky with the weather and I know Daddy was definitely looking down on us.”
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 8 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main