Woman completes epic 200-mile horse ride in memory of her late father
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old woman has completed an epic 200-mile horse ride in memory of her late father.
Georgie Veale from Suffolk embarked on a ride along the East Anglian coast to raise money for St Elizabeth Hospice who cared for her father, Jonnie Veale, during his last days.
Starting their journey from Eyke, near Woodbridge, on September 5, Miss Veale and her horse Plum rode 20 miles-a-day as friends and family came out in support. They reached their destination at Holkham, in Norfolk, on September 11.
The pair raised more than £13,000 for the independent Suffolk charity.
On the journey, she was joined by her brother Edward and horse Peter, a retired police horse lent by their sponsors’ Happy Horse Saddlery and Ryder-Davies & Partners.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Veale said: “It feels amazing.
“I can’t quite believe it has finished and everything went to plan. We were so lucky with the weather and I know Daddy was definitely looking down on us.”
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 7 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show