Wintry weather attracts tiny snowman to Sheringham
Mary HamiltonA miniature snow lady was found nesting in a tree in Sheringham by six-year-old Charlotte Taylor - who has found a way to protect it from the warmer weather to come.Mary Hamilton
Six-year-old Charlotte Taylor was thrilled to discover this unusual snowy visitor nesting in the trees in her front garden.
But the scant snow in Sheringham today and warmer weather on the way led to worries about whether the tiny snowman would survive the day.
And thanks to Charlotte's quick thinking Chilly the Snow Lady is now safe and cool - in the family freezer.
Dad Chris Taylor, who put Chilly in an abandoned blackbird nest in his front garden in Cowslip Lane for his children to find, said she would stay there until the family felt it was time for her to find a new home.
You may also want to watch:
'She's in the freezer because Charlotte really wanted to keep her,' he said. 'Once my wife doesn't want her there any more I'm sure she'll move on.'
Chilly's brightly-coloured buttons, eyes and mouth are made from coloured gravel taken from the bottom of Charlotte's fishtank.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 3 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 4 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 5 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 6 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following 1934 crab boat disaster
- 7 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 8 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 9 Town church to hold memorial service for Prince Philip tomorrow
- 10 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
'For Christmas we had a toy penguin in that hat and scarf, so I put him up in the tree as a surprise for the children,' said Mr Taylor, a photographer with a studio in Overstrand.
'When I realised the clothes would fit the snow lady perfectly I stripped the penguin and got her wrapped up warm.'