Winners of Cromer charity prize draw revealed
The winners of a prize draw raising money for a charity which helps people with learning difficulties have been revealed.
Edwin Williams, 40, who runs Mr Schnorby's Pet Supplies in High Street, Cromer, and lives in Mundesley, launched a Christmas raffle to raise money for About with Friends, which has helped his son, Jamie, 16, who has severe learning difficulties.
The shop has been selling raffle tickets at 50p each for the past few months, with 100pc of the ticket price going to the charity About with Friends.
The top prize for the raffle, which was drawn at midday on December 23, is a �30 gift voucher to spend in store, and the winner was Mike Briggs, receiving a second prize �20 voucher was Liv Walsh and a �10 voucher went to the Crossfield family.
On hand to help draw the winners out of the hat was About with Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare.
You may also want to watch:
About with Friends is based in Cromer and helps youths and adults with a learning difficulty to have a social life, some independence and help in work placements.
Jamie currently spends one to three days a week with About with Friends, where he takes part in different activities, including bowling and swimming.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 6 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 7 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 10 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
Mr Williams said: 'We have raised just over �100 altogether with the raffle, which we are really pleased about, especially as this is the first one we have done.'
He is planning to organise more raffles and fundraising events for different charities, but each Christmas he plans to keep About with Friends as the main charity for the Christmas raffle.