Winners of Cromer charity prize draw revealed
The winners of a prize draw raising money for a charity which helps people with learning difficulties have been revealed.
Edwin Williams, 40, who runs Mr Schnorby's Pet Supplies in High Street, Cromer, and lives in Mundesley, launched a Christmas raffle to raise money for About with Friends, which has helped his son, Jamie, 16, who has severe learning difficulties.
The shop has been selling raffle tickets at 50p each for the past few months, with 100pc of the ticket price going to the charity About with Friends.
The top prize for the raffle, which was drawn at midday on December 23, is a �30 gift voucher to spend in store, and the winner was Mike Briggs, receiving a second prize �20 voucher was Liv Walsh and a �10 voucher went to the Crossfield family.
On hand to help draw the winners out of the hat was About with Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare.
About with Friends is based in Cromer and helps youths and adults with a learning difficulty to have a social life, some independence and help in work placements.
Jamie currently spends one to three days a week with About with Friends, where he takes part in different activities, including bowling and swimming.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
Mr Williams said: 'We have raised just over �100 altogether with the raffle, which we are really pleased about, especially as this is the first one we have done.'
He is planning to organise more raffles and fundraising events for different charities, but each Christmas he plans to keep About with Friends as the main charity for the Christmas raffle.