Winners of North Norfolk Photographic Society annual competition announced
- Credit: Archant
Photographs of Norwich castle and a rare bird have claimed prizes in a Norfolk photography competition.
The winner of the North Norfolk photographic society annual competition was Paul Richards, whose photo Leucistic Red Kite, won the advanced category out of 40 entries.
Lizzie Wallis achieved advanced second place with Puffin in the Bluebells.
And Val Dawson was awarded both first and second places in the novice section, out of 16 entries, coming in first with her photograph, titled Norwich Castle Detail.
It was judged by Marilyn Steward, an associate of the Royal Photographic Society.
You may also want to watch:
The North Norfolk photographic society meets on the first and third Wednesdays each month at Holt Community Centre.
The group is running a summer project celebrating Norfolk's coastline, with workshops on offer at the Pheasant Hotel in Kelling.
Visit www.nnphotosoc.org/coastalproject for details.
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 6 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 Park cafe reopens indoors after months of al fresco service
- 10 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer