Winners of North Norfolk Photographic Society annual competition announced
- Credit: Archant
Photographs of Norwich castle and a rare bird have claimed prizes in a Norfolk photography competition.
The winner of the North Norfolk photographic society annual competition was Paul Richards, whose photo Leucistic Red Kite, won the advanced category out of 40 entries.
Lizzie Wallis achieved advanced second place with Puffin in the Bluebells.
And Val Dawson was awarded both first and second places in the novice section, out of 16 entries, coming in first with her photograph, titled Norwich Castle Detail.
It was judged by Marilyn Steward, an associate of the Royal Photographic Society.
The North Norfolk photographic society meets on the first and third Wednesdays each month at Holt Community Centre.
The group is running a summer project celebrating Norfolk's coastline, with workshops on offer at the Pheasant Hotel in Kelling.
Visit www.nnphotosoc.org/coastalproject for details.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week