Aerobatic display duo starting 10th year with home display
- Credit: Archant
An aerobatic display duo from Norfolk will start their 10th year as a team with a display on home turf today (Saturday).
Wildcat Aerobatics, who fly a pair of iconic Pitts Special biplanes, will display close formation aerobatics and precision synchronised flying at Wildcraft Brewery's Wildfest event in Coltishall Road, Buxton, at 4pm on Saturday, June 1. Visitors will also be able to sample Wildcat beer - a new beer made for Wildcat Aerobatics by Wildcraft Brewery.
The team, based at Old Buckenham airfield, was formed in 2010 by pilots Al Coutts and Willie Cruickshank.
Its 2019 display combines a mix of close formation aerobatics and precision synchronised flying - the routine includes formation loops, rolls, stall turns, and the team's mirror pass.
Mr Coutts, who has been flying since the age of 19, said: "We've tuned our display to be more dynamic and tighter and thrown in some new manoeuvres."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show