Aerobatic display duo starting 10th year with home display
- Credit: Archant
An aerobatic display duo from Norfolk will start their 10th year as a team with a display on home turf today (Saturday).
Wildcat Aerobatics, who fly a pair of iconic Pitts Special biplanes, will display close formation aerobatics and precision synchronised flying at Wildcraft Brewery's Wildfest event in Coltishall Road, Buxton, at 4pm on Saturday, June 1. Visitors will also be able to sample Wildcat beer - a new beer made for Wildcat Aerobatics by Wildcraft Brewery.
The team, based at Old Buckenham airfield, was formed in 2010 by pilots Al Coutts and Willie Cruickshank.
Its 2019 display combines a mix of close formation aerobatics and precision synchronised flying - the routine includes formation loops, rolls, stall turns, and the team's mirror pass.
Mr Coutts, who has been flying since the age of 19, said: "We've tuned our display to be more dynamic and tighter and thrown in some new manoeuvres."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder