‘Why should we trust our MPs over Europe?’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Why should we trust our MPs?
What is the reason for us to have strong enough faith in the opinions of politicians to allow them to lead us out of the customs union, single market and the EU?
Set against the backdrop of poor growth, problems with the Irish border and its risks to peace and a host of what Guy Verhofstadt calls the 'unfortunate consequences' of the UK's decision to leave, the feeble claims of Brexiteers look more and more like an attempted power grab for themselves at the expense of the general public.
Given the record of Westminster, I would rather continue to have the moderating effect on Parliament of membership of the EU than the speculative wild extremes that our own leaders and representatives have in mind.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
-Would you like to share your opinion about an issue that is important to you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name and address. House numbers and postcodes are not printed.