‘Why should we trust our MPs over Europe?’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Why should we trust our MPs?
What is the reason for us to have strong enough faith in the opinions of politicians to allow them to lead us out of the customs union, single market and the EU?
Set against the backdrop of poor growth, problems with the Irish border and its risks to peace and a host of what Guy Verhofstadt calls the 'unfortunate consequences' of the UK's decision to leave, the feeble claims of Brexiteers look more and more like an attempted power grab for themselves at the expense of the general public.
Given the record of Westminster, I would rather continue to have the moderating effect on Parliament of membership of the EU than the speculative wild extremes that our own leaders and representatives have in mind.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
-Would you like to share your opinion about an issue that is important to you? Email email@example.com, including your full name and address. House numbers and postcodes are not printed.