READER LETTER: ‘What is the people’s will?’
- Credit: PA
What is the will of the people Brexit politicians are talking about, as no one has had a vote on how the UK should leave?
Parliament was given no clear mandate either way and Leave-voting North Norfolk voted for Vince Cable.
I do not think a hard Brexit or no-deal was on any manifesto or got a majority vote if it was.
They talked about the need to protect are borders but happy for anyone to walk across from the EU to the UK by Ireland?
We suddenly need to trade with China but most of are goods have Made in China stamped on the back - how was this possible being in the EU, and where do most of the fake goods we get flooding in to our country come from?
You may also want to watch:
Do we really need to open up more to them?
Free trade they say - you may not know but Australia has imposed 10pc on all imported new and second-hand goods bought on the internet, even on a £2.99 vintage Cromer Pier postcard, and internet companies are collecting the tax on their behalf.
- 1 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 9 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
Yes this Brexit is one big mess one we have made.
DAVID G SPENCER
• What do you think? To share your views on this issue and others, write to firstname.lastname@example.org