READER LETTER: ‘What is the people’s will?’
- Credit: PA
What is the will of the people Brexit politicians are talking about, as no one has had a vote on how the UK should leave?
Parliament was given no clear mandate either way and Leave-voting North Norfolk voted for Vince Cable.
I do not think a hard Brexit or no-deal was on any manifesto or got a majority vote if it was.
They talked about the need to protect are borders but happy for anyone to walk across from the EU to the UK by Ireland?
We suddenly need to trade with China but most of are goods have Made in China stamped on the back - how was this possible being in the EU, and where do most of the fake goods we get flooding in to our country come from?
You may also want to watch:
Do we really need to open up more to them?
Free trade they say - you may not know but Australia has imposed 10pc on all imported new and second-hand goods bought on the internet, even on a £2.99 vintage Cromer Pier postcard, and internet companies are collecting the tax on their behalf.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
Yes this Brexit is one big mess one we have made.
DAVID G SPENCER
• What do you think? To share your views on this issue and others, write to email@example.com