Wetherspoon issue back on the agenda in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
A long-running saga of a much wished-for JD Wetherspoon in a Norfolk town has taken another twist - with a meeting set to be held next week.
Wetherspoon first said it wanted to open a pub in the old North Walsham Town Council offices in New Road five years ago.
But no contracts have been exchanged despite the firm saying it still wants to move to the town.
The ruling Lib Dems at North Norfolk District Council have been reviewing the building's future, with a number of options being considered.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said a meeting had been arranged with the council next week to discuss the situation.
You may also want to watch:
He would not say what would be discussed, but added: "In essence, we want to move things forward."
A Facebook group called J D Wetherspoons for North Walsham has 658 signatures.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall