Wetherspoon issue back on the agenda in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
A long-running saga of a much wished-for JD Wetherspoon in a Norfolk town has taken another twist - with a meeting set to be held next week.
Wetherspoon first said it wanted to open a pub in the old North Walsham Town Council offices in New Road five years ago.
But no contracts have been exchanged despite the firm saying it still wants to move to the town.
The ruling Lib Dems at North Norfolk District Council have been reviewing the building's future, with a number of options being considered.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said a meeting had been arranged with the council next week to discuss the situation.
You may also want to watch:
He would not say what would be discussed, but added: "In essence, we want to move things forward."
A Facebook group called J D Wetherspoons for North Walsham has 658 signatures.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 9 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast