West Runton station group to hold fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk station will host an annual fundraising event this weekend.
The group of volunteers, known as the West Runton Station Adopters, will host the event at the village station on Saturday, 25 August.
The group tend the station gardens and this event raises funds to support their work.
It will include a cake stall, book stall, and locally grown produce and honey for sale, as well as a raffle, in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Alan Neville, Greater Anglia customer engagement manager, said: 'We're very grateful to the excellent station adopter team at West Runton for holding an event this year, which will help raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
'West Runton is a beautiful station and the team of adopters work very hard to keep the gardens looking bright and welcoming.'
The event, held from 2pm to 4pm, coincides with the 21st anniversary of the creation of the Bittern Line community rail partnership.
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast