West Runton station group to hold fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk station will host an annual fundraising event this weekend.
The group of volunteers, known as the West Runton Station Adopters, will host the event at the village station on Saturday, 25 August.
The group tend the station gardens and this event raises funds to support their work.
It will include a cake stall, book stall, and locally grown produce and honey for sale, as well as a raffle, in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Alan Neville, Greater Anglia customer engagement manager, said: 'We're very grateful to the excellent station adopter team at West Runton for holding an event this year, which will help raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
'West Runton is a beautiful station and the team of adopters work very hard to keep the gardens looking bright and welcoming.'
The event, held from 2pm to 4pm, coincides with the 21st anniversary of the creation of the Bittern Line community rail partnership.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 10 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait