West Runton station group to hold fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk station will host an annual fundraising event this weekend.
The group of volunteers, known as the West Runton Station Adopters, will host the event at the village station on Saturday, 25 August.
The group tend the station gardens and this event raises funds to support their work.
It will include a cake stall, book stall, and locally grown produce and honey for sale, as well as a raffle, in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Alan Neville, Greater Anglia customer engagement manager, said: 'We're very grateful to the excellent station adopter team at West Runton for holding an event this year, which will help raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
'West Runton is a beautiful station and the team of adopters work very hard to keep the gardens looking bright and welcoming.'
The event, held from 2pm to 4pm, coincides with the 21st anniversary of the creation of the Bittern Line community rail partnership.
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 6 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 7 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 8 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 9 Unique property overlooking Norfolk's Salthouse Marshes is for sale for £800,000
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'