'Feel the magic of Christmas' - hotel opens winter wonderland
- Credit: Simon Watson
A popular country hotel at the heart of a village has created a winter wonderland, as it aims to spread Christmas cheer despite the ongoing pandemic.
From December 2, diners at The Links Country Park Hotel in West Runton will be able to have a festive feast in the transformed dining room which has seen the introduction of a light-up sleigh and reindeer, Christmas trees, and a walkway illuminated by fairy lights.
A festive 'In2Blu' menu will also be introduced, with festive dishes such as Christmas pudding, Norfolk turkey and mince pies.
The restaurant will also serve its usual menu alongside the new Christmas one.
Owner, Liz MacKenzie said: "It’s been very depressing for everyone, because we obviously can't do Christmas parties like we would normally do, so I thought let’s just make something, that makes everyone feel the magic of Christmas and forget COVID.
You may also want to watch:
"We've all got a child in us somewhere."
Meals in the winter wonderland will cost £17.95 for two courses and £21.95 for three courses, with children under five able to dine free.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 4 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 7 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 8 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 9 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 10 'Feast or famine' - On the frontline in restaurants during Covid