Welbeck plans for Aylsham
A separate planning application has been submitted to Broadland District Council for 300 new homes, public open space and the expansion of Aylsham High School, including a new football pitch, by developers Welbeck Strategic Land.
The outline planning application was submitted to the council last week, and also includes transferring land to Aylsham High School to be developed as a family sports village for the use of the school and the local community.
The development, which would be built on 90 acres of meadows between the high school and the bypass, will also include a new car parking area to help reduce congestion at the school and along Sir William's Lane.
Erik Pagano, director in charge of the development, said: 'This is an exciting project that will bring new life to the town but also help Aylsham High School fulfil its ambitions to build new facilities which include a new football pitch for the school, and community use.
'We look forward to working with the local community to ensure the new homes will be designed to fit the town.
You may also want to watch:
'The area to be developed will also introduce new public space which will allow local residents access to the river and a new ecology area.'
Welbeck is working with Flagship Housing Group and Circle Anglia, which will deliver the affordable housing elements of the scheme.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road