How a wedding dress nightmare changed this bride’s life
- Credit: Archant
A bride-to-be knew she had to lose weight after finding out there were hardly any wedding dresses in her size.
Carol Dugdale lost 4st and now weighs 11st 13lbs, but she wants to lose even more, with a target of 10st 10lbs.
Her journey started last October after she come back from the Wedding Show in London.
The 24-year-old, from Badersfield, near Coltishall, said: 'I tried on a wedding dress and they told me is was a size 24, meaning I couldn't try on many as they had only one or two in my size.
'It really hit home at how much weight I had put on over the years. I knew I'd always been the big one out of my friends but it was when trying on the wedding dress I realised how big I'd got.'
You may also want to watch:
She went to her local Slimming World group in Badersfield, and added: 'I'm so happy I made that big leap into losing weight. I needed to feel happy again.
'My wedding is on October 27 and I am actually looking forward to wearing my lovely wedding dress.'
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
Slimming World's Badersfield group meets at the Battle of Britain Memorial Hall in Lamas Road on Thursdays at 5.30pm and 7,30pm. Call 07437672231.