How a wedding dress nightmare changed this bride’s life
- Credit: Archant
A bride-to-be knew she had to lose weight after finding out there were hardly any wedding dresses in her size.
Carol Dugdale lost 4st and now weighs 11st 13lbs, but she wants to lose even more, with a target of 10st 10lbs.
Her journey started last October after she come back from the Wedding Show in London.
The 24-year-old, from Badersfield, near Coltishall, said: 'I tried on a wedding dress and they told me is was a size 24, meaning I couldn't try on many as they had only one or two in my size.
'It really hit home at how much weight I had put on over the years. I knew I'd always been the big one out of my friends but it was when trying on the wedding dress I realised how big I'd got.'
She went to her local Slimming World group in Badersfield, and added: 'I'm so happy I made that big leap into losing weight. I needed to feel happy again.
'My wedding is on October 27 and I am actually looking forward to wearing my lovely wedding dress.'
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
- 8 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 9 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
Slimming World's Badersfield group meets at the Battle of Britain Memorial Hall in Lamas Road on Thursdays at 5.30pm and 7,30pm. Call 07437672231.