How a wedding dress nightmare changed this bride’s life
- Credit: Archant
A bride-to-be knew she had to lose weight after finding out there were hardly any wedding dresses in her size.
Carol Dugdale lost 4st and now weighs 11st 13lbs, but she wants to lose even more, with a target of 10st 10lbs.
Her journey started last October after she come back from the Wedding Show in London.
The 24-year-old, from Badersfield, near Coltishall, said: 'I tried on a wedding dress and they told me is was a size 24, meaning I couldn't try on many as they had only one or two in my size.
'It really hit home at how much weight I had put on over the years. I knew I'd always been the big one out of my friends but it was when trying on the wedding dress I realised how big I'd got.'
You may also want to watch:
She went to her local Slimming World group in Badersfield, and added: 'I'm so happy I made that big leap into losing weight. I needed to feel happy again.
'My wedding is on October 27 and I am actually looking forward to wearing my lovely wedding dress.'
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
Slimming World's Badersfield group meets at the Battle of Britain Memorial Hall in Lamas Road on Thursdays at 5.30pm and 7,30pm. Call 07437672231.