How a wedding dress nightmare changed this bride’s life
- Credit: Archant
A bride-to-be knew she had to lose weight after finding out there were hardly any wedding dresses in her size.
Carol Dugdale lost 4st and now weighs 11st 13lbs, but she wants to lose even more, with a target of 10st 10lbs.
Her journey started last October after she come back from the Wedding Show in London.
The 24-year-old, from Badersfield, near Coltishall, said: 'I tried on a wedding dress and they told me is was a size 24, meaning I couldn't try on many as they had only one or two in my size.
'It really hit home at how much weight I had put on over the years. I knew I'd always been the big one out of my friends but it was when trying on the wedding dress I realised how big I'd got.'
You may also want to watch:
She went to her local Slimming World group in Badersfield, and added: 'I'm so happy I made that big leap into losing weight. I needed to feel happy again.
'My wedding is on October 27 and I am actually looking forward to wearing my lovely wedding dress.'
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 6 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Tribute to 'incredible' former teacher, campaigner and volunteer
Slimming World's Badersfield group meets at the Battle of Britain Memorial Hall in Lamas Road on Thursdays at 5.30pm and 7,30pm. Call 07437672231.