North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 3 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Two Norfolk towns to fight for share of £220m funding war chest
- 8 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 9 Delays remain but town traffic chaos eases with removal of lights
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased