Garden centre staff go curling in the car park
- Credit: North Walsham Garden Centre
One garden centre has decided to take advantage of icy conditions by hosting curling matches on its car park.
On quiet day last Tuesday while its car park was frozen over, staff at North Walsham Garden Centre decided to turn their hand to the winter sport by drawing up a target and using square bottles as sliding stones.
It's not the first time staff have played the sport, having done the same during the Beast from the East in 2018.
Owner Ben Youngs said: "It was good fun, we did it for the first time a few years ago so we thought we'd have a crack at it.
"There was a few of us at work and there wasn't many customers, we'd sold out of sledges within an hour, so we thought we'd just have some fun on the car park."
You may also want to watch:
The curling season has now ended at the garden centre after staff managed to clear the car park later in the week.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 4 Dispute over coastal holiday park plans
- 5 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 8 Parts of north Norfolk coast stay quiet in first weekend after roadmap
- 9 Popular heritage railway to reopen in April
- 10 Lifeboat called to four people and dog stranded off the coast