Norfolk set for warm bank holiday weekend with highs of 20C
- Credit: Archant
Put away your brollies and fetch the sunscreen as Norfolk is set for a warm and dry bank holiday weekend.
Friday, April 15, and Saturday, April 16, will see the best of the weather with highs of 20C expected in parts of the county according to Norwich-based Weatherquest.
Meteorologist Phil Gardner said: "Friday and Saturday are looking like fine days with broken cloud and sunshine.
"The west of the region will see the warmest temperatures with highs of 20C expected in places such as Thetford and King's Lynn.
"It will feel cooler on the coast due to an onshore breeze.
"Sunday and bank holiday Monday will feel cooler with temperatures around 12C on the coast whereas further inland it will reach 17C.
"Unusually for a bank holiday it is looking fairly dry at the moment although rain is something you can never rule out.
- 1 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 2 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 3 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 4 Norfolk woman wins national science teaching award
- 5 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 6 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 7 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 8 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 9 Holiday let plan for farm's former train wagons
- 10 Local mental health charity opening community hub in Aylsham
"Overnight throughout the weekend will see reasonably mild conditions with temperatures around 5C which could bring a chilly start to the mornings."