Weather warning as strong winds set to hit Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
A weather warning is in place as severe winds are set to hit Norfolk this weekend.
The Met Office forecasts "very windy weather across much of the UK during Saturday", starting at midnight until 6pm in the evening.
There is a chance that the winds could cause traffic delays, power cuts and damage to buildings.
On its website, the Met Office states: “The location and strength of the very strongest winds remains uncertain.
"However, gusts seem likely to reach 50 to 60 mph widely, with 70 to 80 mph possible in coastal locations, particularly in parts of Scotland and north-east England.”
Its yellow weather warning covers large parts of Norfolk.
- 1 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 2 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 3 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 6 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 7 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 8 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 9 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 10 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans