WATCH: Lorry driver braves the waves as high tide batters seafront
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has braved the waves as the North Sea threw its might into Cromer's seafront.
The delivery lorry was filmed in front of Cromer Pier this morning (Wednesday, October 2) at about 9.30am, when the tide was high.
The driver needed to make it to Melbourne Slope, further down the esplanade, which leads to higher ground.
But he or she seemed to have second thoughts as huge waves came crashing over the sea wall, drenching the seafront.
But after a minute, the driver decided to go for it and drove off towards the slope. A video of the moment was shared on the Enjoy Cromer More Facebook group by Keith Jones.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 5 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 9 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country