WATCH: Lorry driver braves the waves as high tide batters seafront
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has braved the waves as the North Sea threw its might into Cromer's seafront.
The delivery lorry was filmed in front of Cromer Pier this morning (Wednesday, October 2) at about 9.30am, when the tide was high.
The driver needed to make it to Melbourne Slope, further down the esplanade, which leads to higher ground.
But he or she seemed to have second thoughts as huge waves came crashing over the sea wall, drenching the seafront.
But after a minute, the driver decided to go for it and drove off towards the slope. A video of the moment was shared on the Enjoy Cromer More Facebook group by Keith Jones.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 'Keep your eyes open' - Discovering north Norfolk's rich history
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 Your say: Would you switch to driving an electric car?