Exhibition of works by watercolourist at Norfolk church
- Credit: Archant
A well-known watercolourist will be holding a special exhibition of his work at Beeston church in north Norfolk.
John Hurst, from Sheringham, visited the church's flower festival last year and has since completed a watercolour of the site, from which fine prints will be taken.
The original painting will be on sale at the exhibition alongside a new collection of his maritime and Norfolk studies with an opportunity to reserve prints.
Over the past 12 months the church has been raising funds and obtaining grants to enable it to install a much-needed disability toilet.
Mr Hurst will make a donation towards the church's campaign from the sale of the painting, and also donate the profits from the sale of the prints taken from it.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will be open on Saturday, May 4 and Monday, May 6, from 10am to 4pm, and on Sunday, May 5, from noon to 4pm.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes