Exhibition of works by watercolourist at Norfolk church
- Credit: Archant
A well-known watercolourist will be holding a special exhibition of his work at Beeston church in north Norfolk.
John Hurst, from Sheringham, visited the church's flower festival last year and has since completed a watercolour of the site, from which fine prints will be taken.
The original painting will be on sale at the exhibition alongside a new collection of his maritime and Norfolk studies with an opportunity to reserve prints.
Over the past 12 months the church has been raising funds and obtaining grants to enable it to install a much-needed disability toilet.
Mr Hurst will make a donation towards the church's campaign from the sale of the painting, and also donate the profits from the sale of the prints taken from it.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will be open on Saturday, May 4 and Monday, May 6, from 10am to 4pm, and on Sunday, May 5, from noon to 4pm.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall