Exhibition of works by watercolourist at Norfolk church
- Credit: Archant
A well-known watercolourist will be holding a special exhibition of his work at Beeston church in north Norfolk.
John Hurst, from Sheringham, visited the church's flower festival last year and has since completed a watercolour of the site, from which fine prints will be taken.
The original painting will be on sale at the exhibition alongside a new collection of his maritime and Norfolk studies with an opportunity to reserve prints.
Over the past 12 months the church has been raising funds and obtaining grants to enable it to install a much-needed disability toilet.
Mr Hurst will make a donation towards the church's campaign from the sale of the painting, and also donate the profits from the sale of the prints taken from it.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will be open on Saturday, May 4 and Monday, May 6, from 10am to 4pm, and on Sunday, May 5, from noon to 4pm.
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 4 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Norfolk Day's Big Clean Up best kept community announced