Water main problem at Bacton
A water main burst at Bacton caused problems for a busy holiday park in half term week.The burst on Thursday saw the Castaways park on the coast road without water for the whole morning.
A water main burst at Bacton caused problems for a busy holiday park in half term week.
The burst on Thursday saw the Castaways park on the coast road without water for the whole morning.
One of the owners Anna Hollis said 40 families staying there had no water for washing, flushing toilets or drinking.
'We had to give out bottled water. We don't what it cost us, but we had to look after our visitors,' she added.
Water began flowing again at lunch time, but was due to be turned off again at tea time because of a problem with repair parts, she added, which added to the problems.
'We have got a two week old baby, so have had to use bottled water for sterilising his bottles. It has not been easy,' she added.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 7 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
Dan Baker from Anglian Water said about 20 to 30 customers were affected. Supplies had to be turned off again at 5pm for about an hour while workmen mended what was first thought to be a burst water main but turned out to be a damaged main and valve.