Water main problem at Bacton
A water main burst at Bacton caused problems for a busy holiday park in half term week.The burst on Thursday saw the Castaways park on the coast road without water for the whole morning.
A water main burst at Bacton caused problems for a busy holiday park in half term week.
The burst on Thursday saw the Castaways park on the coast road without water for the whole morning.
One of the owners Anna Hollis said 40 families staying there had no water for washing, flushing toilets or drinking.
'We had to give out bottled water. We don't what it cost us, but we had to look after our visitors,' she added.
You may also want to watch:
Water began flowing again at lunch time, but was due to be turned off again at tea time because of a problem with repair parts, she added, which added to the problems.
'We have got a two week old baby, so have had to use bottled water for sterilising his bottles. It has not been easy,' she added.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 3 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 4 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
Dan Baker from Anglian Water said about 20 to 30 customers were affected. Supplies had to be turned off again at 5pm for about an hour while workmen mended what was first thought to be a burst water main but turned out to be a damaged main and valve.