Water leak in North Walsham set to be cleared tonight
Work to fix a water leak in a north Norfolk town is set to finally be completed - after being held up because of problems with road closures.
Since Christmas water has been seeping down from Aylsham Road in North Walsham, through to the town centre.
Anglian Water had hoped to have the leak cleared overnight last Tuesday , after applying for overnight closure of the road.
But they were unable to complete the repair work as they were only allowed to close one side of the road at a time.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: 'Existing road works in North Walsham mean Aylsham Road is being used as a diversion by HGVs and the Highways Authority has ruled it must remain passable.'
You may also want to watch:
He said workers will be returning to the site tonight and will make repairs under the other side of the road, which should put on end to the problem.
He added: 'We are sorry for the amount of time this has taken. The delay has been caused both by the very large number of bursts we have been dealing with in the wake of the cold weather and by the problems in getting a road closure in this case.
- 1 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 2 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 3 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine
- 9 Man who died after falling from cliff took his own life, inquest rules
- 10 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
'Again, we would like to thank people for their patience as we work to make good the problems caused by the winter weather.'