Water leak in North Walsham set to be cleared tonight
Work to fix a water leak in a north Norfolk town is set to finally be completed - after being held up because of problems with road closures.
Since Christmas water has been seeping down from Aylsham Road in North Walsham, through to the town centre.
Anglian Water had hoped to have the leak cleared overnight last Tuesday , after applying for overnight closure of the road.
But they were unable to complete the repair work as they were only allowed to close one side of the road at a time.
A spokesman for Anglian Water said: 'Existing road works in North Walsham mean Aylsham Road is being used as a diversion by HGVs and the Highways Authority has ruled it must remain passable.'
You may also want to watch:
He said workers will be returning to the site tonight and will make repairs under the other side of the road, which should put on end to the problem.
He added: 'We are sorry for the amount of time this has taken. The delay has been caused both by the very large number of bursts we have been dealing with in the wake of the cold weather and by the problems in getting a road closure in this case.
- 1 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 2 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 3 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 4 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Welcome to our new website
- 9 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 10 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
'Again, we would like to thank people for their patience as we work to make good the problems caused by the winter weather.'