Warning over N.Norfolk bogus caller
Householders in north Norfolk have been urged to be wary after a suspected bogus caller visited homes in the area on Monday.At 3pm a woman called at an address on Cromer Road, North Walsham, offering paintings for sale.
Householders in north Norfolk have been urged to be wary after a suspected bogus caller visited homes in the area on Monday.
At 3pm a woman called at an address on Cromer Road, North Walsham, offering paintings for sale. She did not show any identification and the resident refused.
An hour later, a woman visited a house in Cromer. She showed the householder a handwritten card asking for money but did not say anything.
Pete Jessop of Norfolk police's Operation RADAR, a team dedicated to dealing with doorstep crimes, said; 'I would urge people to remain vigilant when they receive a knock on their door. Clearly the choice is yours as to whether you open your door or not. If you do, then ensure that you ask for identification and certainly think before inviting anyone into your house. A genuine caller will not mind you checking them out.
You may also want to watch:
'The majority of cold callers are genuine however there are a minority that are out for criminal gain. If every caller is treated with the same scrutiny then fewer people will become victims.'
Anyone with information should contact police on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England