Warning after bags snatched at Tesco and Morrison’s
- Credit: Archant
Bags were snatched from shopping trolleys at Tesco and Morrison's stores in north Norfolk.
Two incidents were reported on Wednesday, November 13 at supermarkets in Stalham and Cromer.
The first happened at Tesco in Stalham shortly after 2pm when the victim, a woman in her 80s, noticed her handbag and shopping bag had been stolen from her trolley while she had her back turned. The handbag was later found by supermarket staff and nothing was missing.
The second incident happened at Morrison's in Cromer at about 3.50pm when a purse was stolen from a carrier bag, hung over a trolley. It contained cards and a small amount of cash.
Shoppers are urged to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to store security.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting crime reference 36/79615/19.
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 4 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 5 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 8 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 9 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 10 13 schools closed due to Covid cases and heating problems