Warning after bags snatched at Tesco and Morrison’s
- Credit: Archant
Bags were snatched from shopping trolleys at Tesco and Morrison's stores in north Norfolk.
Two incidents were reported on Wednesday, November 13 at supermarkets in Stalham and Cromer.
The first happened at Tesco in Stalham shortly after 2pm when the victim, a woman in her 80s, noticed her handbag and shopping bag had been stolen from her trolley while she had her back turned. The handbag was later found by supermarket staff and nothing was missing.
The second incident happened at Morrison's in Cromer at about 3.50pm when a purse was stolen from a carrier bag, hung over a trolley. It contained cards and a small amount of cash.
Shoppers are urged to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to store security.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting crime reference 36/79615/19.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 5 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 6 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 7 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 8 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping