Warning after bags snatched at Tesco and Morrison’s
- Credit: Archant
Bags were snatched from shopping trolleys at Tesco and Morrison's stores in north Norfolk.
Two incidents were reported on Wednesday, November 13 at supermarkets in Stalham and Cromer.
The first happened at Tesco in Stalham shortly after 2pm when the victim, a woman in her 80s, noticed her handbag and shopping bag had been stolen from her trolley while she had her back turned. The handbag was later found by supermarket staff and nothing was missing.
The second incident happened at Morrison's in Cromer at about 3.50pm when a purse was stolen from a carrier bag, hung over a trolley. It contained cards and a small amount of cash.
Shoppers are urged to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to store security.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting crime reference 36/79615/19.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk