Are you going to be walking for Parkinson’s at Blickling?
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk residents are being asked to unite with thousands of people across the UK and Walk for Parkinson's at the Blickling Estate on Saturday, May 12.
The event will raise vital funds for the charity Parkinson's UK, with distances to choose from including a two-mile, 3.5-mile and 5.5-mile walk around the grounds.
Last year, 150 people took part in the walk at Blickling Estate, near Aylsham, to raise £15,000 between them.
As the charity is hoping to raise over £500,000 from the 37 events being held, it suggests walkers aim to raise at least £50.
Parkinson's UK is also looking for volunteers to help register people at the start/finish area, or to be a walk marshal at various points on the route during the day.
To find out more, or to sign up to walk or volunteer at the event, visit www.parkinsons.org.uk/walkblicklingestate, call 0207 963 9367, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants