Norfolk village hall to raise £25,000 for new roof
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk village hall and base for emergency services, is trying to raise £25,000 to fund a new roof .
Walcott Village Hall which was built in 1954 has become a hub to the community for various groups including, church services, fitness, social and sport groups as well as used for meetings and gatherings.
The hall, which is used by over 1000 people, is in need of roof, ceiling repairs and new insulation to cut down heating costs and reduce energy consumption.
The chair of Walcott Village Hall, Janet Cooper, said: "Events are being arranged to raise the money locally as well as through grants and we are hoping additional funding can be found to assist us achieve our target of £25,000."
In the past the hall have ran free training on how to use defibrillators, yoga sessions and 'back to the 60s' nights.
You may also want to watch:
There is a 'go fund me' page available on Walcott Village Hall Facebook.
- 1 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 2 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Wrestlers tackle food poverty with new single
- 5 Police speak to driver after woman asked to get in van
- 6 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 7 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
- 8 Restaurant owner buys Dr Who Dalek at auction - 'to put by piano'
- 9 Paddle board business' bid for seafront storage container splits opinion
- 10 Visitors from Leicestershire among 160 fined for Covid breaches