Your Say - Where are you going on holidays this year?
- Credit: Stuart Anderson
With international travel restrictions expected to remain in place for months, domestic holidays are expected to be popular in 2021.
Reporter Stuart Anderson asked people in North Norfolk where they were planning to take their vacation this year.
Michelle Homfray, 38, from North Walsham, said: "We've got a Haven Holidays break in Yorkshire planned for half term. I've got two kids so as a family, it's good. We're not going to travel abroad this year - you can't get a two-year-old to wear a mask on a plane."
Kirsty Anderson, 29, from North Walsham, said: I'm not going abroad, because I can't afford it, and with everything that's going on. We're going to Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire for about a week. You can go fishing, do water sports, there's a spa, and the historic town of Lincoln."
Chris Lloyd, 28, from North Walsham, said: "I'm not going away. There are some great places all around the coast anyway, so we can find somewhere to amuse ourselves over summer, so I've got no plans of really going anywhere."
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Wilson, 72, from North Walsham, said: "We usually go abroad every year, but obviously not this year. I'm going to Scotland in July, to stay a friend's house for a week. My brother's got an apartment in Turkey, so we usually go there, but that's a 'red' district at the moment so we won't be going there."
George Lysaght, 23, from Norwich, said: "We're going to western Ireland, to do a walk down the western Ireland trail. It's best to keep it closer to home this year."
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 4 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 5 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 8 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
Jules Christou, 53, from North Walsham, said: "I'm waiting to go to Spain because my daughter lives over there.I think they're thinking about opening up soon, but they're quite behind on injections over there. Maybe later in the year."