Your Say - Where are you going on holidays this year?
- Credit: Stuart Anderson
With international travel restrictions expected to remain in place for months, domestic holidays are expected to be popular in 2021.
Reporter Stuart Anderson asked people in North Norfolk where they were planning to take their vacation this year.
Michelle Homfray, 38, from North Walsham, said: "We've got a Haven Holidays break in Yorkshire planned for half term. I've got two kids so as a family, it's good. We're not going to travel abroad this year - you can't get a two-year-old to wear a mask on a plane."
Kirsty Anderson, 29, from North Walsham, said: I'm not going abroad, because I can't afford it, and with everything that's going on. We're going to Tattershall Lakes in Lincolnshire for about a week. You can go fishing, do water sports, there's a spa, and the historic town of Lincoln."
Chris Lloyd, 28, from North Walsham, said: "I'm not going away. There are some great places all around the coast anyway, so we can find somewhere to amuse ourselves over summer, so I've got no plans of really going anywhere."
Wendy Wilson, 72, from North Walsham, said: "We usually go abroad every year, but obviously not this year. I'm going to Scotland in July, to stay a friend's house for a week. My brother's got an apartment in Turkey, so we usually go there, but that's a 'red' district at the moment so we won't be going there."
George Lysaght, 23, from Norwich, said: "We're going to western Ireland, to do a walk down the western Ireland trail. It's best to keep it closer to home this year."
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 9 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
- 10 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
Jules Christou, 53, from North Walsham, said: "I'm waiting to go to Spain because my daughter lives over there.I think they're thinking about opening up soon, but they're quite behind on injections over there. Maybe later in the year."