Would you like to help run a railway?
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers are needed to help run the North Norfolk Railway (NNR), specifically on its popular dining trains and gardens.
The dining trains are almost entirely staffed by volunteers who act as stewards and kitchen assistants on the railway's series of popular evening, lunchtime, murder mystery, mainline and Christmas dining experiences.
People can find out more by meeting dining volunteers between 10.30am and 12.30pm on March 9 at Sheringham station, platform three.
An NNR spokesman said: 'Or maybe you have a touch of the green fingers? Have you thought of giving a little time to help tend the gardens at Sheringham station? The beautifully preserved stations are all enhanced by their unique gardens and beautiful tubs and baskets. They are also an important green space attracting a variety of insects and wildlife. All the station gardens are looked after by volunteers.'
For more information, call the general office on 01263 820 800 or email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 8 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub