Controversial plans for huge silos near country park withdrawn
- Credit: Archant
A controversial proposal to build four huge silos within 30 metres of a country park has been withdrawn.
Animal feeds firm Vitfoss, part of the Danish company, Vilofoss, applied to North Norfolk Distrist Council (NNDC) to erect the silos on an industrial estate near Holt Country Park.
A spokesman for the council confirmed that the application had been withdrawn by the company.
The plans were criticised by the campaign group, Friends of Holt Country Park, which said the silos would damage an area of outstanding tranquillity and natural beauty, and were too close to people's homes.
Residents met to organise objections to the plan and there were almost 100 objections on the NNDC website.
You may also want to watch:
Holt Town Council objected to the proposal after a group of residents made a presentation to them.
Vitfoss, which is based in Hempstead Road, Holt, was unavailable for comment.
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 10 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s