Controversial plans for huge silos near country park withdrawn
- Credit: Archant
A controversial proposal to build four huge silos within 30 metres of a country park has been withdrawn.
Animal feeds firm Vitfoss, part of the Danish company, Vilofoss, applied to North Norfolk Distrist Council (NNDC) to erect the silos on an industrial estate near Holt Country Park.
A spokesman for the council confirmed that the application had been withdrawn by the company.
The plans were criticised by the campaign group, Friends of Holt Country Park, which said the silos would damage an area of outstanding tranquillity and natural beauty, and were too close to people's homes.
Residents met to organise objections to the plan and there were almost 100 objections on the NNDC website.
Holt Town Council objected to the proposal after a group of residents made a presentation to them.
Vitfoss, which is based in Hempstead Road, Holt, was unavailable for comment.
- 1 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 2 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 3 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 4 Mammoths 'return' to north Norfolk in GoGo sculpture trail
- 5 Have your say: 7 projects that could 'regenerate' Cromer
- 6 Peter Smith: 'The holes in the fabric of our town'
- 7 'A fantastic four days' - North Walsham enjoys return of Funday
- 8 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Sand martins stop cliffside house demolition
- 10 Three-bed barn conversion at Norfolk beauty spot up for sale for £1.25m