Controversial plans for huge silos near country park withdrawn
- Credit: Archant
A controversial proposal to build four huge silos within 30 metres of a country park has been withdrawn.
Animal feeds firm Vitfoss, part of the Danish company, Vilofoss, applied to North Norfolk Distrist Council (NNDC) to erect the silos on an industrial estate near Holt Country Park.
A spokesman for the council confirmed that the application had been withdrawn by the company.
The plans were criticised by the campaign group, Friends of Holt Country Park, which said the silos would damage an area of outstanding tranquillity and natural beauty, and were too close to people's homes.
Residents met to organise objections to the plan and there were almost 100 objections on the NNDC website.
You may also want to watch:
Holt Town Council objected to the proposal after a group of residents made a presentation to them.
Vitfoss, which is based in Hempstead Road, Holt, was unavailable for comment.
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 3 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 7 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney