Visiting donkey cheers up Jean in Walcott
- Credit: Archant
An 88-year-old got a big surprise as a real donkey surprised her in her Norfolk home.
Jean Skelton was born and bred on a farm in Nottingham but moved to Walcott after getting married and having children.
One friend of Mrs Skelton, the Rev Eiler Mellerup, became aware of Jean's ambitions of meeting up with a donkey again after riding them on the beach in her earlier life.
Mrs Mellerup later came across the 'minidonks', an organised group of mini donkeys and dogs that visit groups who benefit from the therapy they provide.
Revd Eiler arranged for a friendly donkey to visit Jean, during the Christmas holidays, as a surprise.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Skelton said: "It was a fantastic surprise to have a real donkey in my lounge and a big thank you to the Revd Eiler Mellerup, who looks after our flock."
"I will never forget the day a donkey visited."
- 1 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 2 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Wrestlers tackle food poverty with new single
- 5 Police speak to driver after woman asked to get in van
- 6 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 7 9 big movies filmed in Norfolk - and why there could be more
- 8 Restaurant owner buys Dr Who Dalek at auction - 'to put by piano'
- 9 Paddle board business' bid for seafront storage container splits opinion
- 10 Visitors from Leicestershire among 160 fined for Covid breaches