Village spirit shines for charitable pantomime
- Credit: Archant
Sindohella is an original story and was the concept of the White Horse pub fundraising committee to raise money for its charity of the year, Norwich-based Nelson's Journey.
Nelson's Journey supports bereaved children throughout Norfolk.
The idea was discussed in the pub towards the end of last year and it was written and directed by Maggie Midgley, a retired teacher who is also a member of the fundraising committee.
It was originally billed as a one night only performance but due to public demand for tickets the show will be performed at the Overstrand Parish Hall on Friday, February 22 and Saturday, February 23.
This will be the first year the committee has put on a pantomime for its chosen charity.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce Stratton, a fundraising committee member, said: 'We jokingly said to Maggie, 'Why don't we put on a panto?' and she took up the idea.
'It shows the spirit of the village. A lot of people have come together and it is a good way to launch fundraising for a very good charity.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 9 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 10 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
'It is a village venture. People have got behind and supported it marvellously. Everybody is enjoying doing it.'
The panto includes 25 villagers from the Overstrand and Northrepps area who range from children to adults.
It is a fantasy story loosely based on Cinderella and features Lindsey Simpson as the main Sindohella character.
Mr Stratton said all 148 tickets had sold out.
He added: 'That bodes well. If the audience and thespians are up for it there could be opportunities for more pantomimes in the future.'
The fundraising committee will be organising other events this year for Nelson's Journey.
If you would like to get involved in future events or the committee ring the White Horse pub on 01263 579237.