Two sites in Norfolk town earmarked for play areas
- Credit: Archant
Two underused areas in a north Norfolk town have been earmarked as possible sites for new recreational facilities.
Holt Town Council is consulting residents about land adjoining Beresford Road and Thompson Avenue and has distributed flyers seeking views.
A council spokesman said: "Being mindful of the severe lack of recreational facilities around the southern area of the town, the council is anxious to develop two areas.
"The council has made funds available for this development and will seek further grant assistance to provide excellent facilities for young and old.
"We are seeking residents' views and suggestions to what is preferred on the sites to enhance the areas."
You may also want to watch:
A public consultation was held on Wednesday, June 12 at the site adjoining Beresford Road, and the council is collating thoughts, views and suggestions from that meeting.
Alternatively, if you would like to comment on the plans, email your views to email@example.com
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival