Two sites in Norfolk town earmarked for play areas
- Credit: Archant
Two underused areas in a north Norfolk town have been earmarked as possible sites for new recreational facilities.
Holt Town Council is consulting residents about land adjoining Beresford Road and Thompson Avenue and has distributed flyers seeking views.
A council spokesman said: "Being mindful of the severe lack of recreational facilities around the southern area of the town, the council is anxious to develop two areas.
"The council has made funds available for this development and will seek further grant assistance to provide excellent facilities for young and old.
"We are seeking residents' views and suggestions to what is preferred on the sites to enhance the areas."
You may also want to watch:
A public consultation was held on Wednesday, June 12 at the site adjoining Beresford Road, and the council is collating thoughts, views and suggestions from that meeting.
Alternatively, if you would like to comment on the plans, email your views to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines