Two sites in Norfolk town earmarked for play areas
- Credit: Archant
Two underused areas in a north Norfolk town have been earmarked as possible sites for new recreational facilities.
Holt Town Council is consulting residents about land adjoining Beresford Road and Thompson Avenue and has distributed flyers seeking views.
A council spokesman said: "Being mindful of the severe lack of recreational facilities around the southern area of the town, the council is anxious to develop two areas.
"The council has made funds available for this development and will seek further grant assistance to provide excellent facilities for young and old.
"We are seeking residents' views and suggestions to what is preferred on the sites to enhance the areas."
A public consultation was held on Wednesday, June 12 at the site adjoining Beresford Road, and the council is collating thoughts, views and suggestions from that meeting.
Alternatively, if you would like to comment on the plans, email your views to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed