Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- Credit: Minors and Brady photographer Brad Damms
A motorist who missed a sign warning against crossing a river ford ended up getting stranded.
A grey Fiat Punto was seen sitting in the ford on the River Glaven at Letheringsett, near Holt, on Sunday, January 17.
Near the spot, just off Riverside Road, a large blue sign reads: 'Ford unsuitable for motor vehicles'.
Tim Keen, chairman of Letheringsett with Glandford Parish Council, said it was possible to cross the ford in a tractor or even a Land Rover, but attempting to cross it in a normal car was foolhardy.
Mr Keen said: "[Cars getting stuck there] used to happen quite regularly when people tried to get through using sat navs. Now it happens maybe once or twice a year, and we often find people lose parts of their car, bits of plastic come off."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Keen said that although the area had seen rain and snow in recent days, the ford was dangerous to cross at any time of year.
Minors and Brady photographer Brad Damms photographed the stranded car at about 1pm when he was out walking with his son and his dog.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 5 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 6 Bid to replace bungalow near railway line with five new homes refused
- 7 Village pub opens shop to fill lockdown gap
- 8 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 9 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 10 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer