Van driver sought after roundabout damage
- Credit: Archant
A van driver left the scene after his vehicle crashed into railings at a roundabout.
The flat-bed van collided with the railings at the Stalham Road mini-roundabout in Hoveton just after midnight on Thursday.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "Police were called just before 12.20am this morning (13 February) by a member of the public reporting flat-bed van had collided with railings at the mini-roundabout on Stalham Road in Hoveton.
"No-one was inside the vehicle and the driver had left the scene. The fire service attended to make a fuel leak safe and highways have been contacted about the damaged railings. The vehicle was recovered at 1.45am and enquiries are ongoing to trace the driver."
A spokesman for Norfolk Highways said they were aware of the incident and would repair it as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
Has anyone taken a photograph of the damaged railings? If so, please email it to reporter David Bale at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'