UPDATE: Weather conditions wreak havoc around North Norfolk
Ferocious weather conditions over the weekend caused an Halloween event to be cancelled and damage to cars in a hotel car park.
On Saturday morning the high winds caused part of a tree to fall onto customers cars parked in the Blakeney Hotel car park.
The large section of branch smashed the rear windscreen of a white VW Golf and badly damaged another vehicle parked outside the hotel, situated in The Quay. No one was injured and the area was cordoned off.
A spokeswoman for the hotel said today : 'The tree has been removed and the area cordoned off.' She said there was now a full assessment being made on the other trees.
There are also no plans to reschedule a a Halloween trail event in Cromer run by the organisers of the town's carnival, which was cancelled at the weekend because of high winds and rough seas.
The event was scheduled to start on the pier forecourt at 4.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 8 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 9 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 10 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable