UPDATE: Weather conditions wreak havoc around North Norfolk
Ferocious weather conditions over the weekend caused an Halloween event to be cancelled and damage to cars in a hotel car park.
On Saturday morning the high winds caused part of a tree to fall onto customers cars parked in the Blakeney Hotel car park.
The large section of branch smashed the rear windscreen of a white VW Golf and badly damaged another vehicle parked outside the hotel, situated in The Quay. No one was injured and the area was cordoned off.
A spokeswoman for the hotel said today : 'The tree has been removed and the area cordoned off.' She said there was now a full assessment being made on the other trees.
There are also no plans to reschedule a a Halloween trail event in Cromer run by the organisers of the town's carnival, which was cancelled at the weekend because of high winds and rough seas.
The event was scheduled to start on the pier forecourt at 4.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled