UPDATE: Weather conditions wreak havoc around North Norfolk
Ferocious weather conditions over the weekend caused an Halloween event to be cancelled and damage to cars in a hotel car park.
On Saturday morning the high winds caused part of a tree to fall onto customers cars parked in the Blakeney Hotel car park.
The large section of branch smashed the rear windscreen of a white VW Golf and badly damaged another vehicle parked outside the hotel, situated in The Quay. No one was injured and the area was cordoned off.
A spokeswoman for the hotel said today : 'The tree has been removed and the area cordoned off.' She said there was now a full assessment being made on the other trees.
There are also no plans to reschedule a a Halloween trail event in Cromer run by the organisers of the town's carnival, which was cancelled at the weekend because of high winds and rough seas.
You may also want to watch:
The event was scheduled to start on the pier forecourt at 4.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death