Update: More details of Tesco plans for Mundesley store
More details have emerged of Tesco's plans for its new store in Mundesley.
Planning permission is being sought for the new Tesco store in Cromer Road in the village to have a new shop front, an ATM machine and sinage. Permission is also be requested for plant equipment to be used at the rear of the site.
Tesco have submitted the planning applications to North Norfolk District Council and they are currently under consideration.
In a letter to support their applications, Tesco have said the new shop front will be in character with the property and the ATM will 'provide residents and workers in the locality and those passing through to other locations with a valuable local facility.'
They also state that the plant equipment has been considered in terms of noise impact, with a noise assessment concluding that there would be 'no detrimental effect on neighbours amenity in terms of noise.'
You may also want to watch:
The new store is being built on the former site of Ray's Stores. Currently works are underway and the site is boarded by blue fencing.
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 6 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 7 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 8 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 9 Unique property overlooking Norfolk's Salthouse Marshes is for sale for £800,000
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'