Update: More details of Tesco plans for Mundesley store
More details have emerged of Tesco's plans for its new store in Mundesley.
Planning permission is being sought for the new Tesco store in Cromer Road in the village to have a new shop front, an ATM machine and sinage. Permission is also be requested for plant equipment to be used at the rear of the site.
Tesco have submitted the planning applications to North Norfolk District Council and they are currently under consideration.
In a letter to support their applications, Tesco have said the new shop front will be in character with the property and the ATM will 'provide residents and workers in the locality and those passing through to other locations with a valuable local facility.'
They also state that the plant equipment has been considered in terms of noise impact, with a noise assessment concluding that there would be 'no detrimental effect on neighbours amenity in terms of noise.'
You may also want to watch:
The new store is being built on the former site of Ray's Stores. Currently works are underway and the site is boarded by blue fencing.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 6 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants