Update: More details of Tesco plans for Mundesley store
More details have emerged of Tesco's plans for its new store in Mundesley.
Planning permission is being sought for the new Tesco store in Cromer Road in the village to have a new shop front, an ATM machine and sinage. Permission is also be requested for plant equipment to be used at the rear of the site.
Tesco have submitted the planning applications to North Norfolk District Council and they are currently under consideration.
In a letter to support their applications, Tesco have said the new shop front will be in character with the property and the ATM will 'provide residents and workers in the locality and those passing through to other locations with a valuable local facility.'
They also state that the plant equipment has been considered in terms of noise impact, with a noise assessment concluding that there would be 'no detrimental effect on neighbours amenity in terms of noise.'
The new store is being built on the former site of Ray's Stores. Currently works are underway and the site is boarded by blue fencing.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips