Update: Man from North Walsham area arrested following rape allegation in Great Yarmouth released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 20s from the North Walsham area arrested following allegations of sexually assault in Great Yarmouth has been released on bail.
Detectives from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team arrested a man on suspicion of rape early this morning. He has now been released on bail until the end of October.
Police patrols were increased in south Yarmouth this week following the reports of an attack in the early hours of Sunday.
The alleyway between Regent Road and Albion Road, as well an area of St George's Park, were cordoned off following the allegation that two women were sexually attacked between 11.15am and 2.15am.
Police believe one of the women spoke to a man before he walked her into the alley and subjected her to a serious sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
The second woman stepped in to stop the attack, giving her friend the chance to escape. She was then raped by the attacker.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 3 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 'She married ballet' - Tributes paid to dance teacher who inspired thousands
- 8 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk this August
- 9 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five