Update: Man from North Walsham area arrested following rape allegation in Great Yarmouth released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 20s from the North Walsham area arrested following allegations of sexually assault in Great Yarmouth has been released on bail.
Detectives from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team arrested a man on suspicion of rape early this morning. He has now been released on bail until the end of October.
Police patrols were increased in south Yarmouth this week following the reports of an attack in the early hours of Sunday.
The alleyway between Regent Road and Albion Road, as well an area of St George's Park, were cordoned off following the allegation that two women were sexually attacked between 11.15am and 2.15am.
Police believe one of the women spoke to a man before he walked her into the alley and subjected her to a serious sexual assault.
The second woman stepped in to stop the attack, giving her friend the chance to escape. She was then raped by the attacker.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 6 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 7 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 8 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 10 Neighbouring Tescos band together to purchase lifesaving device