Update: Man from North Walsham area arrested following rape allegation in Great Yarmouth released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 20s from the North Walsham area arrested following allegations of sexually assault in Great Yarmouth has been released on bail.
Detectives from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team arrested a man on suspicion of rape early this morning. He has now been released on bail until the end of October.
Police patrols were increased in south Yarmouth this week following the reports of an attack in the early hours of Sunday.
The alleyway between Regent Road and Albion Road, as well an area of St George's Park, were cordoned off following the allegation that two women were sexually attacked between 11.15am and 2.15am.
Police believe one of the women spoke to a man before he walked her into the alley and subjected her to a serious sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
The second woman stepped in to stop the attack, giving her friend the chance to escape. She was then raped by the attacker.
- 1 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 2 'The British are very hardy' - North Norfolk's hospitality sector reopens
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 5 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
- 6 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 7 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
- 8 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 9 Cold snap! Coldest April overnight temperatures in eight years recorded
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney