Update: Man from North Walsham area arrested following rape allegation in Great Yarmouth released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 20s from the North Walsham area arrested following allegations of sexually assault in Great Yarmouth has been released on bail.
Detectives from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team arrested a man on suspicion of rape early this morning. He has now been released on bail until the end of October.
Police patrols were increased in south Yarmouth this week following the reports of an attack in the early hours of Sunday.
The alleyway between Regent Road and Albion Road, as well an area of St George's Park, were cordoned off following the allegation that two women were sexually attacked between 11.15am and 2.15am.
Police believe one of the women spoke to a man before he walked her into the alley and subjected her to a serious sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
The second woman stepped in to stop the attack, giving her friend the chance to escape. She was then raped by the attacker.
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Hospital gets a brand new MRI machine