Update: Man from North Walsham area arrested following rape allegation in Great Yarmouth released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A man in his late 20s from the North Walsham area arrested following allegations of sexually assault in Great Yarmouth has been released on bail.
Detectives from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team arrested a man on suspicion of rape early this morning. He has now been released on bail until the end of October.
Police patrols were increased in south Yarmouth this week following the reports of an attack in the early hours of Sunday.
The alleyway between Regent Road and Albion Road, as well an area of St George's Park, were cordoned off following the allegation that two women were sexually attacked between 11.15am and 2.15am.
Police believe one of the women spoke to a man before he walked her into the alley and subjected her to a serious sexual assault.
You may also want to watch:
The second woman stepped in to stop the attack, giving her friend the chance to escape. She was then raped by the attacker.
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 7 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 8 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend