Unexploded bomb found near Happisburgh
Police and a bomb disposal unit were called to the scene of an unexploded bomb, possibly a mortar, on Saturday morning near Happisburgh.An emergency call was made at around 8.
Police and a bomb disposal unit were called to the scene of an unexploded bomb, possibly a mortar, on Saturday morning near Happisburgh.
An emergency call was made at around 8.20am and police were in attendance shortly after off the coast road between Happisburgh and Lessingham.
A police spokesman said there had been no need for home evacuations because of the very rural nature of where the device had been found.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 4 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 5 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall