Unexploded bomb found near Happisburgh
Police and a bomb disposal unit were called to the scene of an unexploded bomb, possibly a mortar, on Saturday morning near Happisburgh.An emergency call was made at around 8.
Police and a bomb disposal unit were called to the scene of an unexploded bomb, possibly a mortar, on Saturday morning near Happisburgh.
An emergency call was made at around 8.20am and police were in attendance shortly after off the coast road between Happisburgh and Lessingham.
A police spokesman said there had been no need for home evacuations because of the very rural nature of where the device had been found.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 6 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 7 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 8 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 9 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 10 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests