49-year-old man arrested after tyres slashed on at least 15 cars in Cawston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after tyres were slashed on at least 15 cars overnight in Cawston, near Aylsham.
It happened between 6pm yesterday and 7.30am today on Chapel Street and Paul Engelhard Way.
Police arrested a 49-year-old man on suspicion of criminal damage and a public order offence and he was taken to Aylsham police investigation centre for questioning.
A spokesman said: 'Some cars had all four of their tyres slashed, while for others it was just one or two.'
Heidi Hudson said on social media: 'All four of mine slashed.'
Karen Ashford said: 'Unfortunately, we had two tyres done in Paul Engelhard Way.'
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the damage or noticed anything suspicious in the area between the times stated.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 9 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
Call Pc Tom Newton at Aylsham police station on 101 or CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.