Two arrested after Cromer burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been charged in connection with a number of Cromer burglaries.
The break-ins happened between Thursday, October 11 and Friday, October 12 at two premises in Church Street and Beach Road, where cash was stolen.
A man and a woman were arrested and taken to Aylsham police investigation centre for questioning.
Subsequently, 38-year-old Luke Battelle and 39-year-old Lisa Chung, both of Argyll Road, Ripley in Derbyshire, were charged with burglary offences.
They have both been remanded in custody and will appear at Norwich magistrates' court this morning.
Meanwhile, police continue to investigate other burglaries in the town.
Between 4am and 4.30am on October 11, thieves broke into premises on Cromer Road and stole more than £2,000 from a deposit box. And, between 3pm on Wednesday, October 10 and 8.45am on Thursday, a restaurant in Hamilton Road was broken into and more than £1,000 was stolen from a till. It is unknown if anything was taken when burglars broke into a café in Cadogan Road, between 4pm on Wednesday and 8.20am on Thursday.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 7 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 8 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month