Two arrested after Cromer burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been charged in connection with a number of Cromer burglaries.
The break-ins happened between Thursday, October 11 and Friday, October 12 at two premises in Church Street and Beach Road, where cash was stolen.
A man and a woman were arrested and taken to Aylsham police investigation centre for questioning.
Subsequently, 38-year-old Luke Battelle and 39-year-old Lisa Chung, both of Argyll Road, Ripley in Derbyshire, were charged with burglary offences.
They have both been remanded in custody and will appear at Norwich magistrates' court this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, police continue to investigate other burglaries in the town.
Between 4am and 4.30am on October 11, thieves broke into premises on Cromer Road and stole more than £2,000 from a deposit box. And, between 3pm on Wednesday, October 10 and 8.45am on Thursday, a restaurant in Hamilton Road was broken into and more than £1,000 was stolen from a till. It is unknown if anything was taken when burglars broke into a café in Cadogan Road, between 4pm on Wednesday and 8.20am on Thursday.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’