Two Norfolk venues up for best pub in GQ Food and Drink Awards
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk venues have made the shortlist for the first time in the GQ Food and Drink Awards, and they are owned by the same people.
Ben and Sarah Handley have seen their two pubs, The Duck Inn in Stanhoe, and the Hunworth Bell, near Holt, beat off competition throughout Britain to be shortlisted in the final five for best pub in the awards.
The GQ awards ceremony is covered by Tatler, and is a celebration of the British and international food scene, attended by countless celebrities.
It will be held in London on Monday, April 23, with the winners announced in the June edition of GQ Magazine.
A panel of expert judges will be visiting each venue again before making their decision.
You may also want to watch:
GQ describes their judges as 'a panel of experts; leaders in the field of food, drink, journalism, hospitality and interiors'. They include several Michelin star chefs, restaurateurs, and editors.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder