Two Norfolk venues up for best pub in GQ Food and Drink Awards
- Credit: Archant
Two Norfolk venues have made the shortlist for the first time in the GQ Food and Drink Awards, and they are owned by the same people.
Ben and Sarah Handley have seen their two pubs, The Duck Inn in Stanhoe, and the Hunworth Bell, near Holt, beat off competition throughout Britain to be shortlisted in the final five for best pub in the awards.
The GQ awards ceremony is covered by Tatler, and is a celebration of the British and international food scene, attended by countless celebrities.
It will be held in London on Monday, April 23, with the winners announced in the June edition of GQ Magazine.
A panel of expert judges will be visiting each venue again before making their decision.
You may also want to watch:
GQ describes their judges as 'a panel of experts; leaders in the field of food, drink, journalism, hospitality and interiors'. They include several Michelin star chefs, restaurateurs, and editors.
- 1 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 2 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 9 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk