Two injured in serious car crash at Cawston
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Two people have been seriously injured in a car crash which has closed the main road at Cawston, near Aylsham, this morning.
A silver Renault Clio, carrying four people, left the B1149 Holt Road near the Marriott's Way bridge and crashed into a field at about 8am.
A police spokesman said two casualties, a male and a female, suffered serious head injuries and are being treated by ambulance paramedics. An air ambulance has also been called, and fire and rescue teams are also on the scene.
Sgt Simon Atherton, at the Norfolk Constabulary control room, said: 'It is a very serious crash, with just one car involved. The vehicle has left the road, gone through a hedgerow and ended up some distance into the field.'
The B1149 Holt Road is closed in both directions between Cawston roundabout and the turn for Oulton Street junction. Sgt Atherton said the road is likely to remain closed until at least 11am while recovery efforts take place.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the crash or has any other information is asked to call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 6 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 7 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 8 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 10 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty