Second arrest made following vandalism spree in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in connection with a vandalism spree which saw eight shops sprayed with black paint in North Walsham town centre.
Police arrested a 19-year-old man from the North Walsham area on Sunday evening following the incident, which happened around 4.30am on Sunday morning (February 10).
A spokesman said he was released pending an investigating, and a second 19-year-old, also from the North Walsham area, was then arrested and also later released.
The spokesman said: 'He was released yesterday while further inquiries are made.'
Someone wearing a hoodie could be seen on CCTV footage from the town council and the local Costa Coffee. Shops targeted included Walsham Gents barber, the Digital Phone Company, Phoenix Vape and Kelly's Plaice.
Robert Bird and Stephen Keen cleaned the paint off the shops the morning the damage had been caused.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 10 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop