Second arrest made following vandalism spree in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been arrested in connection with a vandalism spree which saw eight shops sprayed with black paint in North Walsham town centre.
Police arrested a 19-year-old man from the North Walsham area on Sunday evening following the incident, which happened around 4.30am on Sunday morning (February 10).
A spokesman said he was released pending an investigating, and a second 19-year-old, also from the North Walsham area, was then arrested and also later released.
The spokesman said: 'He was released yesterday while further inquiries are made.'
Someone wearing a hoodie could be seen on CCTV footage from the town council and the local Costa Coffee. Shops targeted included Walsham Gents barber, the Digital Phone Company, Phoenix Vape and Kelly's Plaice.
Robert Bird and Stephen Keen cleaned the paint off the shops the morning the damage had been caused.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 6 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 7 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 8 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar