Care home helps Daniel O’Donnell fan see her idol
- Credit: Archant
A care home helped a resident fulfil one of her dreams with a visit to the Theatre Royal in Norwich to see Daniel O'Donnell perform live.
Annie Bacon, 76, who has lived at the Manor House residential home in North Walsham Wood for almost 18 years, making her the longest serving resident at the home, was delighted with the trip.
The home's head chef, Chantelle Lown, who has worked at the home since 1989 and has therefore known her the longest, accompanied her to the theatre.
Manager Paula Pawsey, who played chauffeur and drove the pair to and from Norwich, said: 'Annie absolutely loved every second of the show – she is a real Daniel O'Donnell fan! She has a collection of his CDs – 16 at the last count – and has admired Daniel for many years. It really was a lovely occasion and it was a joy to make super-fan Annie's night.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer