Travelodge reveals plans to open new hotel in Cromer
- Credit: Ben Phillips
The hotel chain announces expansion plans across Norfolk which it says will create 100 new jobs.
Travelodge has confirmed it plans to open a new hotel in Cromer.
The budget chain, which has just opened a new hotel in Thetford, revealed it is searching for four new sites across Norfolk which it says will create 100 new jobs.
As well as Cromer, it is also looking to expand in Norwich, Great Yarmouth and Kings Lynn.
Gary Steele, Travelodge Regional Director said: 'The Norfolk economy is growing at pace, with the opening of Thetford Travelodge, we now operate six hotels across the county but with increasing visitor numbers to the area, there is still a shortage of good quality accommodation at a great value price. Therefore to meet this growing consumer demand we are looking for new hotel sites in: Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Kings Lynn and Cromer. These hotels will create 100 new jobs.'
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Travelodge overlooks The River Little Ouse and has been built on the former site of the famous Anchor Hotel, an 18th century coaching inn that featured in the iconic BBC television programme, Dad's Army.
The very first scene of Dad's Army was filmed in the hotel's Norvic Room in 1968. The hotel was also a popular haunt for the cast during filming.
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 10 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
To mark the heritage site, the hotel chain has placed a bespoke plaque on the exterior hotel wall detailing Thetford's association with one of the UK's most iconic TV programmes, Dad's Army.