Travel agency’s trampolining event raises £3000 to thank unit for saving man’s life
- Credit: James Hudson/North Walsham Sports Centre
A charity trampolining event raised £3,000 for the coronary care unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Hays Travel, Aylsham consultant Lauren Willetts' husband Matthew, 35, suffered a massive heart attack in June, and the event was held at North Walsham Sports Centre on October 14 to thank the team for saving his life.
Mrs Willetts said: 'We had 84 people taking part in the boogie bounce session with lots of support and spectators.
'Our raffle was huge with some great prizes, including holiday vouchers, family days out, beauty vouchers and products, champagne and more.
'Matt's surgeon Chris Sawh arrived on the day as an amazing surprise and he said the money would be spent on new equipment at the unit.
'And Debby Priddy from 'Dance yourself fit with Debby' was spectacular at hosting the event and leading the bouncers who all had so much fun and really loved the day.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 9 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food