Travel agency’s trampolining event raises £3000 to thank unit for saving man’s life
- Credit: James Hudson/North Walsham Sports Centre
A charity trampolining event raised £3,000 for the coronary care unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Hays Travel, Aylsham consultant Lauren Willetts' husband Matthew, 35, suffered a massive heart attack in June, and the event was held at North Walsham Sports Centre on October 14 to thank the team for saving his life.
Mrs Willetts said: 'We had 84 people taking part in the boogie bounce session with lots of support and spectators.
'Our raffle was huge with some great prizes, including holiday vouchers, family days out, beauty vouchers and products, champagne and more.
'Matt's surgeon Chris Sawh arrived on the day as an amazing surprise and he said the money would be spent on new equipment at the unit.
You may also want to watch:
'And Debby Priddy from 'Dance yourself fit with Debby' was spectacular at hosting the event and leading the bouncers who all had so much fun and really loved the day.'
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 4 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 5 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 8 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Shock rise in demand for foodbank's kids' meals